Saturday, November 8, 2008

Daylight Saving Time

"Daylight Saving Time..." what an unusual thing to call that second Sunday in every March and that first Sunday of every November. When you think about it, it makes sense, it was created to save daylight... a daylight saving sort of time. But when you really really think about it, it makes for a great visual pun.


I hopped in my vehicle the other day to drive to an appointment that was to take place at 3:00. As I was happily cruising and listening to WXPN, I glanced down at the clock to see how I was doing on time. In seeing an unexpected 3:58, I had a moment of pure panic and confusion as to how I managed to be running an hour late. Had The Airborne Toxic Event blaring through my car speakers distracted me from my point of direction, causing me to drive aimless circles for the past hour? No, no, silly. You forgot to change your car clock because Daylight Saving Time ended yesterday.

So, in honor of that special time every year when people show up an hour early, or panic thinking they are an hour late, that time when an hour of sleeping in is gained and an hour of going to bed is lost, that time when time is confused and needs to be rescued by daylight, here's to you "Daylight Saving Time".

1 comment:

Nator said...

I love this! I think that this work was completely creative and beautiful. Great job!